I have been in the throws of motherhood for almost 8 years now, and I can honestly say that life doesn’t slow down no matter if your kids are babies, toddlers or pre-tweens… It just keeps on getting busier and busier in some ways. I have loved each phase of life my kids have been in. They surely keep me on my toes and rolling with the punches on a daily basis. Now that I have two kids in different school grades and a newborn, I have found it difficult to eat as healthily as I would like.
I am constantly in the “emergency zone” of hunger, with zero time to do anything about it. It happens almost every day. The baby needs to be fed, the toddler needs to go potty, friends are over, someone needs homework done… The list never ends! That is where these highly convenient Chocolate, Oat & Peanut Butter Bliss Balls come in!
These glorious balls of heavenly, chocolatey goodness have saved my booty more than once this week.
Sometimes always you need something to boost your energy and keep you going when you have no free time as a mommy. Thank goodness I’ve kept a fresh batch of these in my fridge for the last two weeks. I have been going it alone a lot this month with a traveling hubby and I desperately needed these in my life. Also, COOKIE DOUGH!!! That’s exactly what they taste like, and that is a major score in my book. I have always thought cookie dough was better than the actual baked cookie anyway. The great part about these Bliss Balls is that they are so good for you! Total guilt free snacking for the win!
They’re the perfect companion to a hot cup of tea or cocoa. I have paired them with my morning green smoothie on several occasions and found my energy level up until lunchtime. Woot woot! That feels like a big deal to me. If I don’t have a healthy snack on hand I end up going for the next most convenient thing, which looks a lot like cereal or the giant bag of halloween candy hidden in the cupboard… EEK!
Do you have other healthy snacks that you keep around the house? I would love your suggestions! For now I’ll keep playing around with different Bliss Ball recipes. I concocted this recipe after several batches, and am really happy with how they taste. 🙂 They are really easy to whip up and the flavor combinations are endless! Yaaas!
Here is the recipe friends! Happy snacking!
- 1½ cups old fashioned rolled oats (divided)
- ¼ cup almond meal
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 tablespoons coconut almond milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Truvia, or sweetener of choice
- ⅔ cup peanut butter or nut butter
- ½ cup toasted, shredded coconut
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips (optional) ***This does have a little refined sugar if you choose to add this.
- ½ cup toasted, shredded coconut or toasted quinoa. They are both super delicious!
- Add rolled oats, almond meal, coconut oil, honey, cocoa powder, coconut almond milk, salt and Truvia to a food processor. Blend until the oats are ground into small pieces and everything is well combined.
- Pour mixture into a large bowl. Add toasted shredded coconut, nut butter of choice and chocolate chips. Mix together by hand until mixture is well combined.
- Form dough into 20-25 rounded tablespoon sized balls. Roll them in ½ cup toasted shredded coconut or toasted quinoa if desired.
- Place in refrigerator or freezer to allow to harden some. Enjoy!