I know it is getting cooler outside, so a smoothie might not be the obvious choice for a healthy meal or snack, but I haven’t found a faster or easier way to sneak in the extra greens and fruits into my diet! I am always short on time so a fast and effective smoothie bowl has become somewhat of a staple in my house. I have grown to totally love the different flavors you can create with this kind of food.
I had a refrigerator full of all kinds of apples and pears, so I wanted to incorporate those into my smoothie bowl today. I tried an unusual blend of fruits that completely surprised me with the awesome flavor! Fuji apples, acai fruit, bananas and cinnamon were the focus, balanced with almond milk.
I topped it off with golden delicious apples, red pears, honey roasted nuts and oats, pomegranate and cinnamon. YUM! The white swirls are plain greek yogurt. They add a little extra tartness. This smoothie tasted like fall dessert to me! I had to keep myself from licking the bowl… If you are in the mood for a fun eating adventure this smoothie is just for you!
Here’s the recipe!
For Smoothie Bowl
- 1 large frozen banana, sliced
- 1 Fuji apple, diced
- 1 single serve package frozen acai concentrate
- 1 teaspoon Truvia or sweetener of choice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup almond milk + more to desired consistency
- Plain Greek yogurt swirl, sliced red pears, diced golden delicious apples, pomegranate seeds, honey nut granola & cinnamon.
- In a high-powered blender add all smoothie ingredients and blend until very smooth.
- Top with desired toppings. Enjoy immediately!
Thanks for visiting with me today! Happy blending!