This week I am sharing with you several delicious french inspired recipes seasoned with Herbs De Provence! This is by far my favorite seasoning blend. It lends such a wonderfully aromatic flavor to anything you put it on. I have a lot of people ask me about Herbs De Provence, and what I like to cook with it. This is for you guys! I know you’ll love these easy, mouthwatering recipes!
Introducing my super easy Crispy Red Potatoes With Lemon Creme Fraiche. Oh la la! This is better than dessert, I’m telling you.
If you are looking for a fantastic source of Herbs De Provence check out my local Utah Orson Gygi store. They carry a top notch Herbs De Provence blend that you’ll love. You can get it in store or online. I highly recommend it!
All you need to wow your taste buds with this dish is a little butter, olive oil, a fair amount of high quality Herbs De Provence (with lavender) and some freshly cracked salt and pepper! If you wanna get super fancy, bump this side dish up a notch or two with some Lemon Creme Fraiche. It’s as simple as it gets! Just some creme fraiche, lemon zest and lemon juice. Boom! You just owned dinner.
I dressed this up with some fresh green onions for a pop of color. It never hurts to decorate your dishes a little right? Oh baby, I sure hope you love this as much as I did!
Here is the recipe! Enjoy my friends!
- 2 lb. baby red potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Herbs De Provence (with lavender)
- Freshly cracked salt & pepper to taste
- 8 ounces crème fraiche
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Garnish with sliced green onions (optional)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Cut red baby potatoes in quarters and place them on a lined baking sheet. Melt butter and pour over potatoes. Drizzle with olive oil. Add Herbs De Provence, salt and pepper. Toss well to evenly coat potatoes.
- Roast potatoes in oven on center rack for 35-45 minutes, or until potatoes are golden on the outside and soft in the center.
- Zest lemon and juice ½ of it. Add Juice and zest to crème fraiche. Gently fold together. Do not over stir crème fraiche or it will ruin the texture.
- This recipe is fantastic with pan-seared steak!