Who loves quick, simple and healthy meals? Me, Me! This Grilled Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Salad With Grilled Veggies & Wontons boast all three! The Sweet Onion Pineapple dressing almost tastes like a treat it is soooo good! You pretty much need this salad in your life. I would hate to hear you’re missing out on something this delicious.
I’m all about the simple meals these days since we’re buying a new house and I am planning a huge remodel on the property! YAY! That comes with plenty of work to go around, so I have been simplifying my cooking the last few weeks. I have to say, it has been lovely!
Since I’m a nice person, I thought I would share this recipe with you today… You know, just cause I love ya!
You know what? I am obsessed with grilled sweet potatoes!!! They are amazing. The grill will do that I guess!
The glories of summertime. Grilling up a pile of goodness. Yes…
I went crazy and forgot to get a picture of the ever beautiful grilled pineapple!! So sad, but they are in there! I cut them into slices and grilled them, then cubed them for the salad. They were so juicy and flavorful! If you haven’t tried grilling pineapple you are sorely missing out! It rocks my world people. People just don’t let other people not grill pineapple…. Truth.
If you’re looking for something supa-fresh, juicy and beautiful for dinner tonight this is the meal for you! It is pretty versatile. You could use any lettuce you have on hand and your salad will be the bomb. So let’s get cooking!
- For Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken:
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple teriyaki sauce, divided
- For Salad:
- Wonton sheets cut into 1⁄2 inch strips (desired amount)
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying wontons
- 1 head butter lettuce, washed and leaves separated
- Feta cheese to garnish if desired
- For Pineapple Sweet Onion Dressing:
- 1 cup yellow onion diced
- 1-cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice frozen concentrate
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1-teaspoon ground mustard powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- **One batch grilled veggies and pineapple
- In a large Ziploc bag add chicken breasts and 1⁄2 cup pineapple teriyaki sauce. Place in refrigerator and allow to marinate anywhere between 3-12 hours.
- Heat 2 cups vegetable oil over medium heat in a large skillet. When oil is hot add 1⁄2 inch wonton strips and fry until golden. (Can make ahead).
- For dressing add onion, sugar, 2 tablespoons pineapple juice frozen concentrate and rice wine vinegar to small saucepan over medium heat. Stir and cook until sugar is dissolved. Pour mixture into blender and add seasonings. Blend until smooth. While blender is mixing add olive oil one tablespoon at a time and blend until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper to desired taste. (Can make ahead).
- Heat grill over medium. Grill marinated chicken breasts and a batch of Grilled Pineapple, Sweet Potato, Zucchini, Yellow Squash & Onion. Dice grilled fruits and veggies and serve over a few butter lettuce leaves. Top with sliced grilled chicken. Garnish with wonton strips and feta cheese. Drizzle with Pineapple Sweet Onion Dressing and enjoy!
I’m so glad we’re friends! Sharing recipes between friends is my fave. What do you cook when you are low on time (and energy)? I love to hear about what everyones cooking up in their kitchens for summer. 🙂