In the summer I just can’t get enough salads! I always seem to be in the mood for something cool and crunchy! Does that happen to you in the warmer weather? I have become a bit of a salad fanatic lately, and have really enjoyed making them at home. Don’t get me wrong, there are some seriously yummy salads to be had out and about, but I sure have been digging the ones I make at home. One of the new kids on the block is my Healthy Thai Mango Chicken Salad. It’s really tasty. The mango and spicy peanut/edamame sauté zing and pop just the right way. It was slightly embarrassing how much I loved this salad….
I discovered this new dressing that is so great for those days when making dressing from scratch sounds comical… (I have those days a lot in the summer). I’m far too easily swayed to ignore the housework/cooking and stay at the pool jusssstttt a little longer! Kids’ll do that to ya. 🙂 The dressing is by Lighthouse (one of my new favorite brands for healthy dressing) and it’s called Mild Thai Peanut Dressing And Marinade. It is so fabulous! It’s a little more than mild I would say… Maybe verging on medium spicy? I love it!
I marinated the chicken in the Thai dressing and dressed the salad as well. It was super easy and so good with the fresh veggies and all the fixings. I can’t wait for another opportunity to share this simple, flavorful salad with family or friends. I hope you can too!
What do you feed your friends when you entertain? Do you have a dish that is always the hit of the party? I would love to hear about it. 🙂 Have such a fab. week! Make sure to cook up some lovin with your fruits and veggies. Here’s the handy dandy recipe for ya!
- For chicken:
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups (separated) Lighthouse Mild Thai Peanut Dressing
- 1-tablespoon olive oil
- For Salad:
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 4 cups green cabbage, shredded
- ½ cucumber thinly sliced
- 3-4 carrots, sliced into ribbons
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 2 mangos, sliced
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1-tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Place chicken breasts in a large Ziploc bag and pour 1 cup of the Lighthouse Mild Thai Peanut Dressing in. Seal bag and shake to evenly coat the chicken breasts with sauce. Place in refrigerator to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and pour in 1-tablespoon olive oil. Place marinated chicken breasts onto skillet and sear both sides allowing it to caramelize on the outside. Cook until done. Allow chicken to rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- In the same skillet add one tablespoon butter and heat over medium. Add edamame, roasted peanuts, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Sauté until peanuts begin to brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Chop and prepare all veggies for salad as directed above.
- Plate salads as follows: Layer chopped romaine, shredded cabbage, cucumber slices, carrot ribbons, avocado slices, mango slices and chopped cilantro. Top with pan seared chicken and edamame/peanut mixture. Dress with Lighthouse Mild Thai Peanut Dressing. Enjoy!