If any food in the world reminds me of summer its Greek Pasta Salad. Ever since I’ve been cutting back on my carbs I have been slightly remorseful of the lack of this salad that will be my future. What the heck! That’s not going to work out well for me, so I created this alternative to the original that makes me SUPER happy. I actually think I might like it better. (I am serious!!) I am having a pretty serious relationship with ZOODLES right now, and we are getting along swimmingly!
Any food that is filled with such colorful fresh produce is all right in my book! I am so drooling over this! The great thing about it is how quickly it can be thrown together! For a busy mom that is important…. For those nights that a dressing from scratch is a comical concept, this Italian dressing is the bomb! It’s the perfect compliment to this cool, fresh salad. This is a winner on many fronts. 🙂 I hope you find as much pleasure in it as I do!
What are your favorite Summertime meals? I am always looking for fun new suggestions!
- 2 English cucumbers cut with spiral slicer into small noodles
- 2 medium zucchini, cut with spiral slicer into small noodles
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- 1-cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 ounces reduced fat mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1-½ cups low fat salami, thinly sliced and diced
- ½ cup fresh Italian parsley leaves, rough chopped
- ½ cup kalamata olives
- ½ cup castelvetrano olives
- 1 packet Good Season’s Italian Dressing Mix
- (Prepared with red wine vinegar, olive oil and one teaspoon Truvia)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice cucumbers and zucchini with spiral slicer into “zoodles” (a.k.a. veggie noodles).
- Dice red onion, slice cherry tomatoes, cube mozzarella, slice low-fat salami and chop fresh parsley.
- Add all these ingredients into a medium sized mixing bowl. Add olives.
- Mix dressing together and drizzle half of the dressing over the salad. Toss well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and place in refrigerator to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Serve with additional dressing if desired.
Have a wonderful week!