O0h la la. This meal was heaven sent today. It totally brought me back into the swing of things… It’s funny how doing something that is routine for you can make you feel at home all over again.
I have been living in a whirlwind of change. A month ago my hubby and I decided to sell our house. Within two days of posting it for sale on KSL it sold! We closed early and were out of there within two weeks!!! Talk about too much work in too little time. It all happened so SO so fast. I am still trying to get my bearings! We are living in my in-laws home while we hunt for our new home (and location). It has been quite the experience!
I have been on an internet fast of sorts since all this went down (mommy survival mode). Tonight I decided to make a REAL dinner (not something just thrown together or picked up from a restaurant). It was da-bomb!!! For reals… People, if you are a fan of Chicken Marsala, you must make this! Its pretty darn easy, and guess what? It’s healthy too! Yippee!
I only added a titch of butter and a pinch of sugar to the sauce. It was totally legit. So flavorful and delicious without all the cream and calories! Did you hear that MEDIFAST FRIENDS?? This meal is totally legal. Feast away!! I whipped up a batch of some seriously luscious Garlic Cauliflower Mash as the perfect mate for my chicken. It worked so well. To add some color and crunch I roasted baby peppers and kale for the side and garnish. It was perfect-o-mundo. Please make this. Your family thanks you in advance. 🙂
All I did for the peppers and kale was tossed them lightly in olive oil, seasoned them with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning blend. Roast them all on one pan at 425 degrees. After 10 minutes remove the kale chips and pop the peppers back in for 5 more minutes. Easy-peasy!
Are you ready to get cooking now? Oh ya baby…
You are still in the right place for the soon-to-be coveted Garlic Cauliflower Mash and Roasted Baby Peppers! Mmm. Let’s cook fresh in the kitchen today shall we? Ready go!
- 1 medium head cauliflower, stem removed and rough chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ⅛ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon chicken bouillon concentrate
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
- ¼ cup powdered parmesan cheese
- 1 wedge (1 tablespoon) Laughing Cow (light) creamy swiss cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash cauliflower head and remove stem and leaves. Chop into large chunks.
- Bring 4 cups water to a rolling boil in a large stock pot.
- Add cauliflower to boiling water and blanch (covered) for 7 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender.
- Drain water. Add hot cauliflower to blender of food processor. Cover with lid and set aside.
- In a small skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, onions and italian seasoning. Sauté until onions are tender.
- Add ⅛ cup water and chicken bouillon concentrate to skillet. Stir well.
- Pour this mixture into blender or food processor with the hot cauliflower.
- Add parmesan cheese and laughing cow cheese wedge.
- Blend well until cauliflower mash has a smooth texture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Thanks for visiting with me today! What are your favorite family comfort foods? Maybe I need to put a few more of those on the table for the next little while! Lol!
Have a great weekend friends!